Wednesday, June 11, 2008

was there a full moon last night?

because my kids were acting crazy!
nobody thought that sleep was necessary last night except for corey & I.  but our opinion doesn't count amongst these rugrats.
jagger started out o.k.  he went down about 9:00pm and without too much fuss.  but around 10:00pm we suddenly hear him singing and yelling at the top of his lungs while jumping in his crib.  then again at 11:00pm -- until at least 11:30pm.  now, I didn't know what I should do.  if I went in there to try and calm him down, it would surely back fire with him thinking I was coming to get him out and when I left the room he would most likely have a major meltdown.  at least now he was happily singing and jumping.  so i figured he would just tire and fall asleep.  which he did. eventually.  (and this is not like him at all, the boy usually sleeps a good 12 to 14 hours a night!)
slade, on the other hand, fought sleep (read: cried loudly) but finally gave in around 11:00pm, only to get up again at 1:00am.  and cash refused to sleep at all until 12:00am. and they each got up a few more times throughout the night.
needless to say, we are very tired today.  
so, I'm up at 5:00am and hop in the shower to get ready for work, when I hear this noise.  I can't figure what it is with the sound of the water going and all, so I just ignore it and slowly try to wake up under that nice warm water.  and then I get out of the shower and realize, it's jagger.
jumping in his crib and singing loudly at 5:00 in the morning!  what has gotten into this kid?!
and then the babies wake up.  well, i had to go to work so poor corey had to deal with the kids by himself, and when I called him to see how his morning was going, he said it was pretty bad.
but he was able to drop the kids off at the sitter's, which helped his sanity.
after i picked up the kids, jagger went straight down for his nap (yay!) and cash, slade, and I crashed on my bed.  and i was out -- like lines on my face from the sheets and drooling out.  and it. felt. so. good.  but we accidentally slept through when we should have been at church.  whoops.

but everyone was in much, much better moods after that nap :)

in other news, it looks like cash will soon be sporting his first pearly white tooth.  I'll have a picture of that as soon as it breaks through completely.  

alas, I did not take any pictures today, so I will leave you with one from a week or so ago.  one of jagger's new favorite things to do is stand on his "platform" and rock out with his guitar. 
too cute.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

(PastorDad forgot his password)

I'm thinking midnight Daycare... just think of it, you drop the kids off at night then pick them up the next morning...BRILLIANT!... ( don't know if any exist... minor detail)