Saturday, June 21, 2008

hartville flea market


Today a group of us from church went to the Hartville Flea Market.  It was marvelous.  So many interesting and cool treasures to be found.  I managed to find a few items that I really really liked and got a good deal on.  Thank goodness Lydia was there to haggle for me.  I just can't seem to bring myself to do it.  If I tried it would go something like this:

Me:  How much do you want for this?
Seller:  $10.00
Me:  Will you take $15.00 for it?
  
Apparently, that's not the way it's supposed to work.  I guess you're supposed to work the seller down on his price, not offer more, or at least that's what the girls tried telling me today :)

I bought this cool old polaroid camera:


and this old trunk.  What a deal.  It was originally marked $50 and had already been marked down to $10 by the time I walked past it.  I was looking at it and the seller was starting to pack up his stuff to leave so he offered it to me for $5.00.  Sold! I thought it was too big to pack into the van but we made it work (I had to sit on the floor of the van for the drive home :))



I also bought a couple of old books for my father-in-law (if he wants them -- I can't quite remember what the criteria for his old book collection is).
a new purse
and lots of fresh produce (lettuce, green beans, strawberries, cherries, etc)

here are a bunch of pictures of items I wish I had bought:

Ohh.... I wanted this chair oh-so-badly, but it never would have fit into the van.  I love everything about it.  It would have been an awesome prop for pictures.  


These sweet old binoculars (they worked beautifully).


 This little cooler.


 this old box full of old pictures.


and this old box full of old fixtures.


And if I had a lot of money to spare, I would have bought this for my brother-in-law, Andy.





It was a good outing.  Definitely someplace I'll make a trip out to again.  And I'll get there earlier.  And have a bigger car.  And more money (if I can get my hands on some).  And a golf cart to drive around in (or maybe one of those rascal scooters), because boy it is big and my legs are tired!

And now I have to thank my wonderful husband.  For letting me go without making me feel guilty about leaving him with the kids after he has had them all week.  and he's sick.  and they've been kinda crazy lately.  He truly is a wonderful man.

No comments: