Thursday, June 26, 2008

6 months, a train, and some sad, sad news

Today, Cash and Slade are 6 months old.  I can hardly believe it.  Time is going by so fast.

Slade:
  You love to eat.  You need to grow some teeth so you can eat real food.  The way you stare at me while I'm eating makes me feel bad that I can't share.  You are getting so close to sitting up on your own.  You start out really well, but in a short amount of time you are face down and trying to eat the floor.  You'll get it soon, I just know it.  You are an excellent roller.  I love your pudgy cheeks.  You talk all the time.  You love to stand.  You do a fabulous job grabbing things; your aim is really good.  You love to grab and chew on your feet.  You are constantly chewing on you fingers.  You are a bit of an attention hog.  You want what you want and you want it right now.   Your nickname is Mr. Furious  (you must get that from your Uncle Andy).  Your laugh fills me with joy. 
I can't wait to see what you'll accomplish in the next six months.


Cash:   
  You are sleeping through the night pretty regularly.  You are so calm and just go with the flow.  You will be the one who keeps me sane while your two brothers are going crazy.  You have the best smile - it lights up my day.  You're not a big fan of baby food; you'd prefer to just drink your meals.  You like to watch cartoons with your big brother.  Your two bottom teeth are almost through.  You are a kicking machine -- you just kick and kick and kick in your bouncy chair.  You love to shake your toys all around.  You love to stand.  You do stomach crunches all the time.  You are finally starting to grow a little bit of hair.  You love to chew and drool on everything.  It has been a joy watching you grow these past six months.  I look forward to watching you change and grow in the next six.

 
This train set used to be my younger brother Nate's, but has since been passed down to Jagger.  We got it out for him a few months ago, but he wasn't quite ready for it.  Today Corey decided try again to see if he would get into it.  Success!  He loved it.  Corey was able to snap these pictures.

I love how he is sitting in the middle of the track :)


And now for some sad, oh-so-sad news.  My lens, my most favoritest, most beautiful camera lens is broken.  The one that I take all these fun pictures with has gone into the white light.  It seems Jagger was able to get his grubby little hands on my camera while Papa's back was turned for just a second, and was rhythmically banging it on the ground before Corey could get it away from him.  Thank God only the lens was broken and not the whole camera.  So my little heart is a bit broken today just like my lens.  I have another lens I can use until I'm able to replace my good one, but it's just not the same and it's not nearly as good.  So expect there to be a lot less pictures for awhile.  I'd like to upgrade it to this lens, but the price difference is quite a bit and I will be happy just to get it replaced.  I'm not sure how soon that will be, since there are more pressing bills to be paid first (Corey's tooth, brakes for the van, Jagger's medical bills, etc.) but it will be a happy, happy day.  

goodbye my good friend :(

2 comments:

Kate Blair said...

I can't believe our nephews are six months old! That is crazy! I can't wait to see them again.
Oh Jagger... maybe he is sick of being photographed. Not that you use your camera often. :) I hope you replace your lens soon. Maybe you could start a fundraiser on your blog.

Jessica said...

ahhhh So SAD!!! I am sitting here in tears feeling your pain:(
I hope you will be able to get a new lens soon......I guess it is only material things ..it could be worse...but oh what a sad day:(