Saturday, June 14, 2008

fractured prune

not too much to report on today.  just a lot of relaxing going on.  
cash and slade both woke up @ 7:45 this morning and I brought them to our bedroom in the hopes that I could catch a few more zzz's.   no such luck.  (notice corey still sleeping in the background).  


so I decided to go ahead and get up. cash fell back to sleep while I was taking a shower, but of course slade (the boy who hates to sleep) did not, so I packed him up to head on over to the local farmers market. except it started raining on our way there and as I pull onto the street where the farmers market is, I notice a sign to my right: fractured prune, the donut shoppe.
hmmm... get out in the rain and lug slade's car seat around the farmers market, or, step into the nice warm bakery that I've heard a lot about.

fractured prune won, and I'm glad it did.     

they make them fresh as you order them.  there are not many things better than donuts freshly made --  all hot and delicious.  and so many interesting flavors.  I was a bit overwhelmed with the selection but here's what I got: 
reese cup
                banana nut bread
blueberry hill
key lime pie
strawberry shortcake  and
    rolo
I brought them home and woke corey up so he could try them while they were still warm.   jagger was sold on the first bite :)

we devoured them in no time flat.  I think my favorite from this batch was strawberry shortcake.  I can't wait to go back and try some of their other flavors -- plus you can create your own.  I know jagger will be looking forward to when I go again!
such a messy eater :)
after that, corey went to work and the boys and I just hung out.  we all took a gloriously long afternoon nap.  and after we woke up: danced and sang, drew on the magna doodle, watched elmo teach us about using the potty, and I spent way too much time on the internet when I should have been cleaning.

it was a good day.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

(Grandpa forgot password again)

So... in review...Kristen leaves for the farm market
(tomatoes, carrots, broccoli etc) BUT comes home with a boatload of M&M doughnuts!!!

I see...