Thursday, June 19, 2008

countless hours

are spent here.  In front of the computer.  Any spare moment I can find.  The chair has molded to the form of my butt perfectly.



I have a problem.  I'm addicted to the internet. 
There is so much more I should be doing, but I just can't seem to pull myself away.  I lose myself on blogs reading other peoples stories, surfing crafty websites looking for inspiration, searching amazon for the next good book, and discovering new music.  All this while my house is falling to ruins around me.  Dishes need to be done, laundry needs to be washed, kids need to be fed.  I need to get a handle on this!

Here's a little fact for you all about me.  I love getting mail.  It doesn't matter if it is all bills, I love opening the mailbox and seeing a stack of envelopes.  It's the first thing I do when I get home.  I love opening the mail, looking through catalogs, reading my magazine subscriptions, and such.  I especially love getting packages.  Today was a package day.  Yay!

I received a big stack of pictures that I ordered.  I am creating a wall-o-pictures at work because I'm tired of looking at cinder blocks.  

And the only picture I took of any of my kids today involved mail.  Junk mail has a purpose in my house....entertaining my children :)


As far as the kid front goes,  it was a frustrating day for all.  Poor Jagger just couldn't handle it if things wouldn't work for him.  A toy doesn't work the way he thinks it should? Cry.  He can't get the spaghetti to stay on his fork? Cry.  And on and on like that.  
I think Cash and Slade must be going through a growth spurt because they can't seem to satisfy their hunger.  Plus, they don't know what they want, they're just babies.  There were a lot of faces like this:


and this:
and this:
So the best part about today was putting the kids to bed :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

PastorGrandpa

Kristen, if I were a rich man, I'd have you quit work & I'd pay you to stay home & send me blogs & pix all day.

This last one made me laugh out loud!

Anonymous said...

My dear sweet girl...wish I could be close enough to lend a helping hand....I love you and all those crying little boys...MOM

Anonymous said...

PastorGrandpa

Ok, this may sound awful, but the Jagger crying picture cracks me up! It makes me laugh. There clearly is no pain or fear here, it's simply frustration.

Somehow my life would be easier if I could only do this... just sit down & cry...wouldn't that be great? I mean where-ever and when-ever I needed it.

In Walmart. At the office. In the middle of a sermon

Wouldn't that be great?