Tuesday, October 14, 2008

a letter to chester


dear chester,
   i miss you bunches.  i was just looking at my aunt's blog and saw her cute, cute puppy, sadie, which led my thoughts to you.  plus, your birthday month is october (not sure which day), so you've been on my mind.  i know you are having a great time with your new family and  i am so happy for you, but i wonder, do you ever think about me?  do you wonder where i disappeared to?  do you miss me too?
   i miss the way you would lick my feet at night.  i miss the way you constantly followed me around, so close that i was always tripping over you.  i miss the way you were afraid of everything.  i miss your big googly eyes.  i miss your complete inability to distinguish who was calling your name.  i miss the way you were convinced there was a big dog outside when it was just corey barking right next to you.  i miss the way you desperately needed to be under a blanket when it was nap time.  i even miss your wall-shaking snores.  
   our first year with you was kinda rough.  you weren't sure if you could trust us and you hid from us most of the time.  not to mention the whole house training issue.  but once you figured us out, you were a barrel of fun.  i know you were supposed to be corey's dog, but for some reason you chose me as your favorite and you worked your way right into my heart.  we had some great times together, you and i.  remember that time we went for a walk and you were all gung ho, running along, until you decided you were completely pooped right across the street from our house and would not walk any further?  you laid completely sprawled out in the grass and corey had to carry you into the house :)  
  well, i could go on and on about what i miss about you and recalling fond memories from our time together but i'm going to keep this brief.  i love getting updates from your new mom letting me know what you are up to.  i know you are doing great.  i could not have picked a better family for you.  it makes me feel so good that you are with people who can give you the attention that you deserve.  we all love you and miss you (even wolfgang) and wish you the best!
now, if we could only find a home for your brother, wolfgang...


2 comments:

Susan said...

What a cute guy, I just love scrunched up faces.

Susan

Anonymous said...

I miss how you chewed up the furniture, the carpet, all the toys.

I miss how you ate the interior of the car. And the toxic "presents" you left on the floor & the...

Ok, I miss him too.

My favorite memory is him trying to run while wearing his"doggles"

PastorGrandpa