Sunday, July 6, 2008

two

Dear Mr. Jagger,
     How can you possibly be two already?  Where has the time gone?  I can still clearly remember bringing you home from the hospital, so nervous, wondering why they were letting us leave when we were obviously so clueless.  You made me a mother and I thank you for that.  I wanted you so badly and it took three long years for you to arrive.  You are my answered prayer.  You are making me a better person because I want to be the best example I can possibly be for you.  You are teaching me so much, like patience (!), compassion, how to play, and to live a life full of joy.  I love your exuberance.
    Just in the past few weeks or so, you have had a little growth spurt.  You are getting so tall. The other day I was watching you and you seemed so much like a little boy and less like a toddler that it took my breath away.  You are becoming so agile.  You really like jumping and do it all the time, especially when you are excited and happy.  I am so ready for you to start talking.  You jabber all the time, just not in english.  You are learning new words every day and I know you will be talking soon.  I think you are just stubborn (I wonder who you get that from? :)).
    You have definitely hit the terrible twos.  Well, actually, I think you got an early start at around 18 months, but the meltdowns have reached new heights.  You are testing your boundaries and we are slowing starting to figure each other out.  We'll make it through this together :)
   I am so glad you are in my life.  You have made it more rich and fulfilling.  I can't imagine you not in it.
      
We love you little man!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
******WARNING******lots of pictures ahead******WARNING******
After Jagger woke up from his nap today, we had a little celebration for his birthday.  Aunt Kelly was able to join us.  Yay!  Jagger opened presents and we sang happy birthday while he blew out the candles.  Jagger received quite a bounty.  He was pretty lazy about opening presents and preferred to let Corey open them and just hand it to him.  Everything was a hit!  


waking up from his nap (we all shouted happy birthday!)

(some of) the bounty

making papa open the presents :)

jagger loves to vacuum....he has been pushing this around all afternoon!

several of the gifts (lawn mower, potty chair, tool bench, weed wacker)

playing with his art easel

the bike (huge hit)


blowing out the candles -- he started blowing them out from across the room :)

After dinner, we went for a walk and tried out the new bike.  He loved it.  He has been playing with everything nonstop.  Thank you everyone!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy, happy birthday to Jagger from Nana and all of us in KC...and a big thank you to Kristen for sharing his special day with all of us who couldn't be there in person. We all love you Jagger!!!