Monday, July 14, 2008

the battle with Please

I can not get Jagger to say please for anything.  He says thank you all the time, correctly and without being prompted.  Ask him to say please and he flat out refuses.
We get two responses when we ask him to say please:
1.  No
2.  Yay!
Apparently, Jagger has decided that when he is asked to say please, it means he is going to get what he wants and therefore is already celebrating.  
Sometimes we go back and forth for a few minutes:

Jagger:  more?!
me: whatdya say Jagger?
Jagger:  No
me:  say please
Jagger:  Yay!
Me: no jagger, say please first.
Jagger: No
Me: please say please Jagger.
Jagger: Yay!

and on and on, until I give in.  I think it's going to come down to a battle of the wills.  I WILL WIN.......eventually 

I Like Pictures, so here are a few from this weekend.  
(I know I skipped blogging Sat & Sun. Bad blogger! Bad!)

why not pop a squat in your toy box?

what is this kid doing in his sleep ?!

I liked the way the light looked behind the clouds

my kids are GIANTS next to Melissa's little guy

enjoying his new bike on a walk

not sure what this face is
(he could be thinking "why is my head so huge?")

cash feeling a little under the weather

relaxing with papa

that's all :)
Good Night!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"The Taming of The Toddler Beast"

Basically it takes 3 little rules:
1. Intro the subject
2. Gently turn up the heat
3. Be patient & consistent

I think you guys have what it takes to win!
However there are other rules that may apply:

1. Never let 'em see you sweat
2. Don't shoot 'till you see the whites of their eyes
3.He who fights & runs away,
lives to fight another day

PastorGrandpa