Wednesday, January 7, 2009

a very bad day, indeed

today has been a very sad day for me.  and this is chiefly due to the fact that i lost my wedding ring.  down the toilet.  i am so upset and i just can't believe this happened.
the facts are these:
late last night, i decided i wanted to use satin hands from mary kay that my mother-in-law gave me for christmas (and which i love).  i usually never take off my ring, no matter how dirty or messy my hands get, but for whatever reason, i decided i needed to last night.  and since corey hasn't yet hooked the hot water up on our bathroom sink, i just sat on the edge of the tub to use the warm water from there.  i then took my ring off and placed it on the toilet seat cover.  why did i place it there?  i have no good answer for you.  maybe because i was already seated on the edge of the tub and it was the closest in height and proximity to me?  i truly can not give you a logical answer.  but anyways, i used the products, lotioned my hands and then went to bed, completely forgetting i had taken my ring off. 
so this morning, i do my usual morning routine and while i'm putting lotion on, realize i don't have my ring on.  panic!  remember i had placed it on the seat cover.  check the floor, look in the bowl, the back of the tank, everywhere, but it is no where to be seen.  so i panic some more.  then i wake up corey.  relay the story to him.  and he says..."i heard it."  and proceeds to tell me that sometime last night, he got up to use the bathroom.  he didn't turn on the light and when he lifted the lid, he heard it fall, and thought to himself in his sleepy stupor "what was that?," but did not turn on the light to check, just flushed the toilet.  and it was gone.  
i am quite devastated.  i had a good cry this morning.  that ring has been on my finger for the past eight years, and i feel naked without it.  i just can't believe that 1.  i took it off, 2.  that i placed it on the toilet seat, and 3. that it is truly gone.  sigh.  


6 comments:

Susan said...

Paul said to pull the toilet up and see if it got stuck in the trap.

Anonymous said...

I had the exact idea that Paul had... it's a long shot, but worth it

SOOOO sorry
PstrGenPa

Anonymous said...

Kristen,
Did Corey here a little splash in the water or did it sound more like hitting the floor? I would check all over on the bathroom floor and everywhere. It could have fell and rolled. I pray you find it!

Anonymous said...

would this be covered by home owners insurance?

Jessica said...

ahhh I am so sad for you !!Owen said check the S trap too....Long shot but maybe:(

Anonymous said...

I pray that you will find it as I know how much you have always loved your wedding ring. MOM