Tuesday, May 5, 2009

whew! we made it.

but i honestly don't know how we did it.  if it wasn't for the blair fam, mike, rob, and jessica, we never would have gotten the house packed and ready to go.  it was down to the wire, and we ended up leaving late and driving through the night.  that was tough but we survived.  we got in town just in time to meet with the landlady and then the staff from riverside came to help unload the moving truck.  what took us two days to load only took them 2 hours to unload.  thanks to everyone who helped,  it was greatly appreciated!  
so now that we're here, we're trying to get things figured out and situated.  boxes are everywhere.  a lot of stuff will probably stay packed while I just try to figure out what are the essentials.  that way when our lease is up and we (hopefully) find a house, we'll be a bit more ready (pray that our house sells quickly!).  the kids seem to be adjusting alright.  cash is taking the move in stride, jagger is doing decent, while slade, poor slade is a very rigid schedule kind of kid and so he is a bit out of his element right now.  it's been a tad rough.  it will take a while to get things unpacked (it's hard to unpack with the rugrats running around, demanding attention!) and a routine figured out, but we'll get there and things will smooth out. 
next on the list is for me to find a job.  pray that i find something that will work with our schedule and pays decent!  we've started to learn our way around town, but i am heavily dependent on our gps (her name is penny).  i have my priorities though, so i do know my way to target (i heart target) and the local library (i already got a card), so that's a great start :)
my mom has already been to visit, which was fabulous.  i'm so glad we are closer and we'll be seeing more of her!  
later today i'll be hanging with a friend from church and her kids, so i'm looking forward to that, and i'm sure i'll have some stories to post :)  there's never a dull moment in the blair household!
saying goodbye to our house
slade eating a banana and watching 'toons very early in the morning
one of the first places i went to once we got here
jagger playing on the deck 
(thanks lee & rob for the water table.  the kids love it!)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the update, I have been waiting. No pics of the new house, no pics of Cash? Hope all is well.
Lee

Melissa said...

So glad you all made it safe and sound. Everyone from work is thinking of you . I know because at least 8 people a day ask if you've made it:) I'm so glad to have something to report. Thanks for posting and be sure to update us frequently!

Anonymous said...

So glad to see that you guys made it alright. I know we didn't see a lot of each other but we had the option and that is soooooo different from not having the option .I miss you:( I love you guys so much and can't wait to make my first trip to see you. Hug and kiss the boys for me!!
Aunt Kelly

Anonymous said...

I'm still in counseling
don't know if I'll survive this

Actually, I'm in Savannah, Andy and I rented Harleys today which was great...Tek is great, but I also miss Larry Curly and Moe.

PastorGrandPa

Anonymous said...

Can I have your address ? This is Jen .
-Jen Brook